First Workplace Health MOTs delivered!
Posted: Thu, 25 May 2023 14:31
In May, we successfully delivered our first two days of Health MOTs for two different organisations.
Bleckmann UK and Penny Price Aromatherapy are our first two organisations to benefit from the Health MOTs, offering their staff individual health appointments at their workplace, to help them better understand their health and wellbeing.
The Health MOTs include a range of checks and are then supported to make positive behaviour changes to improve their health and wellbeing.
What are the benefits of Health MOTs for the organisation?
By offering Health MOTs within your organisation you will:
- Help identify the early signs of health issues in your employees – this can decrease staff sickness and related absence costs
- Show your employees the value that your organisation places on their health and wellbeing – this can improve staff retention, and reduce staff turnover and recruitment costs
- Gain a better understanding of the health of your workforce, through an anonymised report of the Health MOTs, to allow you to provide more targeted support in the future
What are the benefits of Health MOTs for the workforce?
By giving individuals a Health MOT, they will:
- Be given the opportunity to have a confidential 1-2-1 conversation with a trained officer
- Get test results of key health indicators, allowing early identification of health issues or unhealthy lifestyle behaviours
- Be supported to make positive behaviour changes through the Making Every Contact Count approach.
- Be signposted to referral pathways if required
- Not have to wait for a GP appointment for a health check