What is a Healthy Workplace Champion?
Healthy Workplace Champions are members of your workforce who are passionate about advocating the importance of health and wellbeing in the workplace, being wellbeing leaders in your organisation and helping to create a working environment where employee health and wellbeing is prioritised.
As a Healthy Workplace Champion, they will support the health and wellbeing of their colleagues through:
- Effective signposting to health and wellbeing support and services
- Helping them to set achievable, health related goals
- Supporting their organisation to organise and run health and wellbeing events and campaigns
Why have Healthy Workplace Champions?
Having Healthy Workplace Champions in your organisation gives you:
- Points of contact for your staff throughout the entire organisation for health and wellbeing information
- The ability to engage with 'hard-to-reach' areas of your workforce
- The opportunity to champion the importance of health and wellbeing throughout
- Individuals that will help organise and support health and wellbeing events and campaigns
What does the training involve?
To become a Healthy Workplace Champion, individuals will complete an e-learning course, and a live workshop:
- E-learning - CPD accredited Level 2 Understanding Health Improvement e-learning course from the Royal Society for Public Health
- Live Workshop - a 3-hour, live workshop (either face-to-face or online) delivered by the Healthy Workplaces Leicestershire Team
Once trained, Healthy Workplace Champions will also be invited to quarterly network meetings, where they can share best practice, their experiences and learn from other Healthy Workplace Champions from other organisations across Leicestershire.
How much does the Healthy Workplace Champions Training cost?
The below costs are for organisations based within the Leicestershire County Council boundaries. If you are based within Rutland, visit Healthy Workplaces Rutland or if your organisation is based in Leicester City or outside of the county, please contact us for more information.
There is no VAT chargeable for our Healthy Workplace Champions training.
Why do some services cost more if I am a larger organisation?
By charging organisations based on the number of staff that they employ, we aim to provide all Leicestershire based organisation equitable access to the chargeable products of the Healthy Workplaces Leicestershire programme.
More information about this is available on our frequently asked questions.
Book onto one of our open training courses or arrange a quick conversation to organise a cohort for your organisation.