What are Health MOTs?
Health MOTs are 30 minute individual health appointments for staff at their workplace to help them better understand their health and wellbeing.
The Health MOTs comprise a number of checks, run by our in-house team, that look at:
- Cholesterol – including total cholesterol, good cholesterol, and ratio of total to good cholesterol
- HbA1c – your blood glucose (sugar) levels for the last two to three months. This gives individuals a better understanding of their average blood sugar levels compared to a simple glucose test.
- Height, Weight and BMI
- Blood Pressure
Alongside the above checks, individuals will have the opportunity to talk to our trained team about other health and wellbeing areas that they may like support with. Our team will then be able to signpost them to the correct services for them.
What are the benefits of Health MOTs for the organisation?
By offering Health MOTs within your organisation you will:
- Help identify the early signs of health issues in your employees – this can decrease staff sickness and related absence costs
- Show your employees the value that your organisation places on their health and wellbeing – this can improve staff retention, and reduce staff turnover and recruitment costs
- Gain a better understanding of the health of your workforce, through an anonymised report of the Health MOTs, to allow you to provide more targeted support in the future
What are the benefits of Health MOTs for the workforce?
By giving individuals a Health MOT, they will:
- Be given the opportunity to have a confidential 1-2-1 conversation with a trained officer
- Get test results of key health indicators, allowing early identification of health issues or unhealthy lifestyle behaviours
- Be supported to make positive behaviour changes through the Making Every Contact Count approach.
- Be signposted to referral pathways if required
- Not have to wait for a GP appointment for a health check
How much do Health MOTs cost?
The below costs are for organisations based within the Leicestershire County Council boundaries. If you are based within Rutland, visit Healthy Workplaces Rutland or if your organisation is based in Leicester City or outside of the county, please contact us for more information.
Why do some services cost more if I am a larger organisation?
By charging organisations based on the number of staff that they employ, we aim to provide all Leicestershire based organisation equitable access to the chargeable products of the Healthy Workplaces Leicestershire programme.
More information about this is available on our frequently asked questions.
Arrange a quick conversation to organise Health MOTs for your organisation.